[PlanetCCRMA] apt-get failure

Sun Dec 11 17:33:01 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 00:02 +0000, lawrence morgan wrote:
> Hi,
>   I've tried installing ccrma using apt-get and get the following error.
> [root@localhost]# apt-get -o RPM::Install-Options::=--oldpackage install
> planetccrma-core
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.
>
> Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that
> the package is simply not installable and a bug report against
> that package should be filed.

>   planetccrma-core: Depends: alsa-lib (= 1.0.4-1.cvs.rhfc1.ccrma) but
> 1.0.4-1.1.fc1.fr is to be installed
> E: Broken packages
>
> I'm using  Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow), with rpm version rpm-4.2.1-0.30.
>
> I'm installing for the first time from scratch, here is a copy of the
> sources.list file I am using, I have tried both mirrors and I've tried using
> single, and multiple sources but to no avail. I've also tried installing the
> missing library file separately and then beginning again but this doesn't
> work.
>   I'd greatly appreciate any help I could get as I've been using ccrma for a
> couple of years before having to change computers and I'm a big fan, well
> done on a great project.

There is a conflict with the alsa-lib package coming from freshrpms (it
is newer than the one required by planetccrma-core). See first which
alsa-lib you have currently installed:
  rpm -q alsa-lib
You could comment out the freshrpms repository from your sources file,
"apt-get update" to refresh the metadata and then try to install again
planetccrma-core.

-- Fernando