[PlanetCCRMA] Re: HDSP9652 muted on system start

Michele Spinolo michele.spinolo@tin.it
Sun Aug 28 11:22:01 2005

Hi Gregory,

yes, I do use the same cables.
I made more tests, and I have more findings: looping output 1 with input 2
gives good results, while I have the worst results looping output 2 with
input 1.
Looking at HDSP mixer I noticed that when bad results occur the signal in
the first row of hdsp mixer starts after the signals in last 2 rows.
So I do not know if it is a software problem or not.

really strange!

Michele

You using the same cable for both loops? I got results like that when
I had a bad cable.
I now test all my cables that way.

Also, it's useful to edit the octave script to reduce the ranges.

Cheers.

On 8/28/05, Michele Spinolo <michele.spinolo@tin.it> wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> you pointed out some nice points, which I will go through.
>
> First my setup is: RME HDSP9652 connected to ADI-8 Pro via ADAT, ADI-8 Pro
> analog out to ADI-8 Pro analog input, ADI-8 Pro ADAT output to HDSP9652
ADAT
> input.
> All stuff is running at 44.1Khz: RME HDSP9652 is set as master, while
ADI-8
> Pro as slave, getting clock signal from ADAT input.
>
> Now lets go through clock settings: I noticed that setting a different
clock
> source for RME ADI-8 Pro inputs and outputs (i.e. ADAT input for analog
> outputs, while internal clock for analog inputs) gives really really bad
> results.
> I also tried to set ADI-8 Pro as master clock, connecting HDSP9652 by
> wordclock (BNC 75Ohm cable) and results where really bad (not so bad as in
> first set up described).
> The best setup I can get is using HDSP9652 as master clock and slaving
ADI-8