[PlanetCCRMA] Re: FC4 package config stuff

Axel Thimm planetccrma@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sat Aug 20 13:27:00 2005

--h31gzZEtNLTqOjlF

On Sat, Aug 20, 2005 at 12:07:54PM +0100, Nathaniel Virgo wrote:
> I installed FC4, uncommented all the relevant  lines in=20
> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*.list and did a dist-upgrade.  Perhaps this was=
=20
> a bit rash but I was quite happily mixing repositories on FC1 using=20
> ATrpms' medley-package-config.  This seems to have resulted in the=20
> Planet CCRMA repository being removed from my apt configuration.  I=20
> think what happened was that an ATrpms apt config package got installed=
=20
> and clashed with the Planet configuration (unfortunately I didn't keep=20
> apt's output when I did the dist-upgrade).  The contents of=20
> /etc/apt/sources.list.d now look like this:
>=20
> atrpms.list       =20
> dag.list.rpmsave      =20
> newrpms.list.rpmsave
> atrpms.list.rpmnew=20
> dries.list.rpmsave    =20
> os.list.rpmsave
> base.list         =20
> freshrpms.list.rpmsave

Judging from the *.rpmsave files it looks like something removed your
medley-package-config. Also medley-package-config has to contain a
ccrma config file.

> and if I do a dist-upgrade the only package it wants to install is=20
> redhat-rpm-config, so I'm not sure if I should let it do that.
>=20
> If someone could let me know a the cleanest way to sort this out I would=
=20
> be very grateful.

It depends on what you want. If you want to use medley-package-config,
then reactivate atrpms and reinstall it, or simply download it and
install via rpm -Uhv. If you want a clean/pure plantenccrma setup,
then remove all config files and install ccrma's apt.

If you find what caused the above misconfiguration, please file a bug
against bugzilla.atrpms.net. Other than Fedora Core and Fedora Extras,
all other medley-package-config components have an entry in that
bugzilla. If the bug is with Fedora Extras file the bug under
bugzilla.redhat.com. Thanks!
--=20
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

--h31gzZEtNLTqOjlF