[PlanetCCRMA] Re: Fedora Core - PlanetCCRMA - NVidia - OT

Axel Thimm planetccrma@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sun Aug 21 14:04:01 2005

--S5HS5MvDw4DmbRmb

On Sun, Aug 21, 2005 at 02:15:44PM -0500, Daniel Tonda Castillo wrote:
> I've been able to install the nvidia graphics driver in Fedora Core with
> the default kernel, from the atrpms nvidia driver. When I installed the
> Planet kernel 2.6.12-21 kernel, I can't build the Nvidia driver.
>=20
> It reports a kernel-version mismatch. I've tried copying it from the
> atrpms, but there's a message about 4K stack.

You (mostly) cannot use a driver built for a certain kernel with
another one. You need to rebuild the driver.

I.e. the ATrpms drivers for the vendor kernel is built with the
4KSTACKS API and will not run on a non-4KSTACKS kernel.

> From several readme's anda FAQ,s it recommends installing the
> kernel-devel package. Did it but it won't build for the planet
> kernel.

Nando, should I start supporting a 2.6.x kernel from CCRMA with kmdls?
Is there a non-planetedge kernel?
--=20
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

--S5HS5MvDw4DmbRmb