[PlanetCCRMA] FC4 package config stuff

nigel henry cave.dnb@tiscali.fr
Sat Aug 20 10:06:01 2005

Hi. That was a bad move! I've been caught by that one when putting dag's URL
in the sources.list. There werer a few things that I thought Fernando might
have have missed, and went for a dist upgrade. Apt got updated, put all dag's
stuff in sources.list.d and the planet stuff seemed to be lost. You still
should have your original sources.list file though with the planet ccrma
URL's in it. You either trash all the URL's in sources.list.d , and hopefully
apt will revert to the original sources.list. You may have to remove the
extension "old" from it. Alternatively, as there may be apps you want from
the other repos. Transfer the planet ccrma URL's to the sources.list.d
directory, but comment out all the extras. It is not a good idea to be
upgrading from more than one repo, as you have found out. if there is a
particular app that you are looking for, uncomment the other repo's, use
synaptic to see if the app you want is there. If it is get it with apt-get
install <app-name> , then recomment the URL's other than planetccrma. Its
nice to have alternative sources, but sometimes there can be conflicts. All
the best. Nigel.