[PlanetCCRMA] Re: Problem with /usr/bin/jackstart

Ron Pepper feffer777@yahoo.com
Sat Aug 13 22:30:01 2005

--- Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/10/05, Ron Pepper <feffer777@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > a test and play a stream and record it at the same time.
> >I went to the windows side and tried to
> > play and record at the same time. Windows Sound Recorder wasn't
> > installed...
>
> Well, it seems from the work you've done that it's not full duplex.
> I've heard of a couple of Creative Devices that weren't, but that
> was quite some time ago.

I was wrong about this, and finally did get sound to record under
FC3! I used the simple Gnome sound recorder, which didn't involve
using Jack. So I'm happy for now, but I can't use more complex apps
like Audacity, which I believe require Jack.

So for now I'll leave the Jack issue and come back to it later after
learning more. Thanks very much for your help.

Regards,
Ron