[PlanetCCRMA] Fedora Core 3 or 4?

Nathaniel Virgo nathanielvirgo@yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 11 12:33:00 2005

Hopefully this weekend I will finally find time to format my hard drive
and reinstall everything from scratch (this seems like the sanest way to
upgrade from FC1 and also gives a much-needed opportunity for a good
clean-out).  The question is, should I go for Fedora Core 4 and be a bit
more future-proof or will I be risking instability?  I'm hoping that in
the near future the system will be used for live performances using
SuperCollider so stability is pretty important, and also I'd like to be
back up and running as quickly and painlessly as possible so I can get
straight back to being creative.  On the other hand, being able to have
the latest versions of non-Planet stuff like the Gimp would be sweet.

So what's the state of play with FC4 as regards staility and ease of
installation at the moment?

Nathaniel