[PlanetCCRMA] No Sound.

nigel henry cave.dnb@tiscali.fr
Thu Aug 11 03:05:03 2005

Hi.All. The only other thing I can think of that might produce this problem if
you are using KDE, is KDE's sound systems mixer. There is a checkbox in
(controlcentre/sound & multimedia/ mixer) marked (Load volumes on login) . If
this box is checked it appears to interfere with alsactl restore restoring
alsamixers latest settings. Its abit like having 2 sets of different mixer
settings stored. asactl restore runs first, restoring alsamixer settings,
then KDE starts and changes them. Running alsactl restore after KDE is up,
restores alsamixer to the settings retained in alsactl store. Simply
unchecking the (Load volumes on login) box in the KDE mixer fixes it. Hope
this may be of help, as this problem had me confused for quite a while.
Nigel.

Incidentally this was on FC1 & FC2.