[PlanetCCRMA] Re: Problem with /usr/bin/jackstart

Thu Aug 11 12:35:01 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-11 at 00:40, Ron Pepper wrote:
> > Well, it seems from the work you've done that it's not full duplex.
> > I've heard of a couple of Creative Devices that weren't, but that
> > was
> > quite some time ago. I no longer have the earlier parts of this
> > thread. Did you ever run and lspci -v and provide back the portion
> > for
> > the sound card?
>
> [rp@localhost ~]$ /sbin/lspci -v
>
> ...02:02.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs [SB Live!
> Value] EMU10k1X
>         Subsystem: Creative Labs: Unknown device 1003
>         Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 18
>         I/O ports at ecc0 [size=32]
>         Capabilities: <available only to root>

I seem to remember a thread in the alsa lists about the "Live! Value"
(you may want to google for it). Apparently this card has very little to
do with the "real" Live!, being a very stripped down card that does a
bunch of things in software under Windows (sort of a "winmodem of sound
cards"). Creative (and many other companies) keeps using product names
and even versions even when the underlying hardware changes a lot
(sometimes for the worse).

-- Fernando