[PlanetCCRMA] planetedge kernels and POSIX semaphores

Sat Aug 6 11:22:02 2005

On Sat, 2005-08-06 at 06:19, Charlls Quarra wrote:
>  --- Charlls Quarra <charlls_quarra@yahoo.com.ar>
> escribió:
>

> >  Hi,
> >
> > I've installed 2.4.26-1.ll. Looking in the config
> > file
> > i can't find a config option for enabling or
> > configuring Posix semaphores. Any knows where can i
> > learn about these options? Are they enabled in the
> > kernel?. Im trying some basic shared memory code and
> > get errors like "sem_open: function not
> > implemented"...
> >

> Looking a bit more into this, i found this mail from a
> year ago:
>
> http://ccrma-mail.stanford.edu/pipermail/planetccrma/2004-July/005471.html
>

> Yikes, this is bad. I assume just applying some NPTL
> patch to the kernel source and recompiling won't just
> work?

Sorry I did not answer the specific question. The nptl patch and the low
latency and preemption patches are not compatible as is, that is why I
did not include nptl. I imagine they could be changed and merged but
that's for gurus with a lot of time in their hands.

If you need nptl and rh9 you could use the capabilities enabled Planet
CCRMA kernel that derives from the original RedHat kernel but the
tradeoff is that the latency behavior is not that good.

-- Fernando