[PlanetCCRMA] Jack and Cinelerra

Mark Knecht markknecht@gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 10:29:02 2005

On 8/6/05, Joseph Dell'Orfano <fullgo@dellorfano.net> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply! Actually, cinelerra development is alive and well
> with the folks at Heroine Virtual and (as a separate fork), with
> independent developers. Those changes (which are most active) eventually
> get rolled into the main version, but are available by CVS.
>
> Sorry you couldn't get the program running. I found that I couldn't use
> the planetCCRMA version with fedora core 3, but the RPM from Herione
> Virtual ran perfectly. I use it all the time. I use Kino to get DV in
> from my camera, then import into cinelerra.
>
> Again, thanks for the reply!
>
> -Joe D

My son and I tried to make sense of Cinelerra about a year ago. It
drove us nuts and seemed to demonstrate exactly why Open Source
Software doesn't win against market driven products you pay for. The
documentation was, at least at the time, almost nil, and it seemed to
us that nothing did what you would assume from using other program
like this under Windows. We couldn't figure it out at all.

Any pointers for complete and utter newbies who are trying to make
small videos? Any really good tutorials about?

Thanks,
Mark