[PlanetCCRMA] xmms-jack and resampling

Louis van Dompselaar louis@dompselaar.org
Fri Apr 15 02:49:01 2005

As far as I understand, output resampling has been part of xmms-jack for
some time.  However, I can't get it to work.  Every time I have a mismatch
between xmms-jack and jack, I only get:

"Xmms is asking for a sample rate that differs from that of the jack server.
Xmms 1.2.8 or later contains resampling routines that xmms-jack will dynamically
load and use to perform resampling."

Well, I have xmms 1.2.10, so it should not even give me that error.

Anything obvious that I might be missing? I'd have no problem to match Jack's
rate to xmms, but I have mixed 44k1 and 48k files to play, which means switching
all the time.

xmms-1.2.10-9.1.1.fc3.fr
xmms-mp3-1.2.10-9.1.1.fc3.fr
xmms-jack-0.13-1.rhfc3.ccrma
jack-audio-connection-kit-0.99.36-0.3.cvs.rhfc3.ccrma

Might the problem be that I'm using the FreshRPMS version of xmms?

Louis