[PlanetCCRMA] Requesting help choosing audio card

Frode Petersen fropeter@online.no
Fri Apr 15 06:20:04 2005

Mark Knecht wrote:
--SNIP--
>    I think it will be hard to tell you what's 'best'. How many
> channels do you need? (Input, output at the same time) Do you have
> loads of external equipment or a single mic? There's a lot to think
> about when you start gettign into this.
> Cheers,
> Mark

More newbie ponderings regarding this:
One thing that is a bit unclear to me regarding needs, is what exactly
outputs are used for. If you want to use different softsynths through
,say Rosegarden, and maybe some audio tracks simultaneously, but only
need to produce a stereo mix, or even create a CD directly, do you need
more than a pair of outputs? What would the benefits of added outputs be?

Best regards,
Frode