[PlanetCCRMA] MAudio interfaces (kinda OT)

Tracey Hytry shakti@bayarea.net
Thu Apr 14 23:14:02 2005

Joe wrote:
> Michael wrote:
> > I'd really like to have the preamps/trim pots on the breakout box. Is
> > anyone using a comparable setup to the Delta66/OmniI/O that plays well
> > with planetccrma?
> My son has an M-Audio Audiophile card in his computer, and a smaller
> Behringer mixer for its I/O.  I don't hate the preamps on the Behringers,
> and they have parametric eq which the Omni box did not have.  Overall,
> I find using a small mixer connected to the M-Audio cards more useful
> than the Omni interface that I used to have.

I agree with the above.  We use Audiophiles on our personal machines here at home, along with Behringer mixers.  The Behringer "UB" series of mixers aren't that bad for general computer stuff and are quite inexpensive.  We don't use the mic ins very often though.  We use the mixers to run balanced lines between the various computers in the house.  The UB802 has two stereo line ins, which seems to complement the Audiophile sound card.  The mixer also has a decent headphone amp.

Tracey