[PlanetCCRMA] VirMidi Module Problem

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Thu Apr 14 17:30:03 2005

On 4/14/05, John Pritchett <johnadon@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've also noticed booting into the kernels that 'don't work' (they
> actually work exceedingly well otherwise) there is a listing for a
> Midi Through device when I peek into qjackctrl's Connections window...
> Does this relate to my problem? What exactly IS the Midi Through I see
> there?

I have mentioned this in other messages. Best I can tell no one in the
user community is really clear what that is right now or how to use it
appropriately. There must be developers out there that understand it
but they don't seem to come around here.

My limited understanding is that you can wire a few outputs to the
MIDI through input and then take the MIDI through output to a bunch of
places. It makes looking at the connections easier as long as you only
need a single MIDI group. I need more so I'm not using it.

I do not know if it has anything to do with the problems you are having.

- Mark