[PlanetCCRMA] Ardour files size limit?!?

Peter Lutek plutek@infinity.net
Thu Apr 14 21:56:01 2005

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:52:15 -0700, Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
wrote:

> BTW - when I did shut the session down each track was 927MB...
>
> On 4/14/05, Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hey, I almost forgot about this. It's been going almost an hour and a
>> half at this point. No failures.
>>
>> I sort of agree with Ron. Do you have disk space? Must be somethign
>> else causing the problem.
>>
>> Also, my screensaver did kick in. No problems on my machine because of
>> that. Kernel is PlanetEdge for FC2. Ardour is last night's daily
>> tarball. (Now I'm getting 50 tracks!)
>>
>> - Mark

>> > Please, that would be great.  I've been testing with mono tracks at
>> > 96000.  I also did another test at 48000. Again Ardour crashed, and as
>> > expected it was after about 30 mins.

>> crashes
>> saver
>> file
>> record

recording mono tracks at 44100, i crash at just under 3hr23min, with
individual file sizes at 2.1Gb.
there are no xruns or "disk subsystem too slow" errors.
there is lots of space left on the drive.

-p