[PlanetCCRMA] midisport usb and fc3...

Aaron Trumm aaron@nquit.com
Sat Apr 9 02:30:01 2005

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C53CAC.77DD9920

Hello all - somehow I unsubscribed myself it seems so howdy again

got a question - I saw some mention of this in the archives but I =
couldn't find a resolution - i've got fedora core 3 and the planet stuff =
on my laptop here, trying to get a Midisport 2x2 running

what's funny is, I had it going, did some work, rebooting into windows =
for awhile to do other stuff, came back to it, and gone again.

I apt-got ;) the hotplug package - and I revolutionsPerMinuted ;) the =
ezusbmidi thing - and when I plug the thing in, indeed I get lights on =
the midisport, but in messages, there's a bunch of stuff about failure =
to probe with error -5 and it doesn't show up in cat /proc/asound/cards

this is what was happening at first, so I googled and found an exchange =
with somebody else having the xact same symptoms, but I never found out =
if he had resolved it.  and then i made sure my modprobe.conf file was =
ok, copied .ihx files which I THINK are firmware into /lib/firmware =
(right??) - and then - I dunno what - it was working.  it wasn't =
explicable.  then I rebooted and nope.  i can't see any rhyme or reason =
to it?  is there something wonky with the usb midi stuff and FC3?

i'd be more technical and i'd show you  my modprobe.conf and all that - =
but the deal is, i'm booted into windoze right now ;)  i'll furnish =
whatever on request...curious if that other guy ever resolved this...

cya!

---------------------
Aaron Trumm
www.nquit.com
-----------------------
------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C53CAC.77DD9920

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello all - somehow I unsubscribed =
myself it seems=20
so howdy again</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>got a question - I saw some mention of =
this in the=20
archives but I couldn't find a resolution - i've got fedora core 3 and =
the=20
planet stuff on my laptop here, trying to get a Midisport 2x2=20
running</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>what's funny is, I had it going, did =
some work,=20
rebooting into windows for awhile to do other stuff, came back to it, =
and gone=20
again.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I apt-got ;) the hotplug package - and =
I=20
revolutionsPerMinuted ;) the ezusbmidi thing - and when I plug the thing =
in,=20
indeed I get lights on the midisport, but in messages, there's a bunch =
of stuff=20
about failure to probe with error -5 and it doesn't show up in cat=20
/proc/asound/cards</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>this is what was happening at first, so =
I googled=20
and found an exchange with somebody else having the xact same symptoms, =
but I=20
never found out if he had resolved it. &nbsp;and then i made sure my=20
modprobe.conf file was ok, copied .ihx files which I THINK are=20
firmware&nbsp;into /lib/firmware (right??)&nbsp;- and then - I dunno =
what - it=20
was working.&nbsp; it wasn't explicable.&nbsp; then I rebooted and =
nope.&nbsp; i=20
can't see any rhyme or reason to it?&nbsp; is there something wonky with =
the usb=20
midi stuff and FC3?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>i'd be more technical and i'd show =
you&nbsp; my=20
modprobe.conf and all that - but the deal is, i'm booted into windoze =
right now=20
;)&nbsp; i'll furnish whatever on request...curious if that other guy =
ever=20
resolved this...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>cya!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>---------------------<BR>Aaron =
Trumm<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.nquit.com">www.nquit.com</A><BR>----------------------=
-</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>