[PlanetCCRMA] Latest updates = total freeze

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Thu Apr 7 12:06:02 2005

On 07 Apr 2005 10:55:36 -0700, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano
<nando@ccrma.stanford.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 10:43, Mark Knecht wrote:

> > > Done, it is in the repository... you could upgrade if you want to test
> > > it. Could you check (before or after) what the priorities of the
> > > interrupts are? (the new version has much better reporting of the status
> > > - thanks Rui!):
> > >   /etc/rc.d/init.d/rtirq status
> >
> > What kernels do we need to be running to use this and get meaningful results?
> >
> > [root@Godzilla root]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/rtirq status
> >
> >   PID CLS RTPRIO  NI PRI %CPU STAT COMMAND
> >
> > [root@Godzilla root]# uname -a
> > Linux Godzilla 2.6.10-2.1.ll.rhfc2.ccrma #1 Thu Dec 30 06:24:24 EST
> > 2004 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux
> > [root@Godzilla root]#
>
> This only makes sense on the "edge" rdt kernels (in those kernels the
> interrupt requests have schedulling classes and priorities and that's
> what Rui's script optimizes).
>
> > Granted, I did NOT update to anything new. I jsut tried running what
> > was here. I've started getting more xruns over the last few days so I
> > guess I need to do some work. (If I knew *what* work to do!) ;-)
>
> Hmmm, there should not be any changes in the past few days that could
> affect latency (save for yesterday's changes).
>
> -- Fernando

Granted that right now I'm running with pretty low latency (64/2)
which is lower than I had been using. This is due to trying to use an
external software reverb (GigaPulse Pro) in another machine in more or
less real-time. I have to go out of this box, in through a Hammerfall,
through GigaPulse, and then back out of that machine and into this
one. It all adds up.

I apparently already have PlanetEdge in my sources.list file:

# Main site, CCRMA, California, USA

rpm http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt fedora/2/i386 core updates
rpm http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt fedora/2/i386 planetccrma
rpm http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt fedora/2/i386 planetcore
rpm http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt fedora/2/i386 planetedge
rpm-src http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt fedora/2/i386 planetccrma

So I guess I just need to grab an Edge kernel and try it? The only
thing I see newer than what I'm running seems to be
2.6.11-0.3.rdt.rhfc2.ccrma. Is that the one?

thanks,
Mark