[PlanetCCRMA] FC2 Bleeding Edge install question

Tue Sep 28 11:54:00 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 11:28, Mark Knecht wrote:
> Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> > On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 10:32, Mark Knecht wrote:
> <SNIP>
> >
> > The best kernels I currently have for 2.6 are in the "experimental"
> > repository, they have to be installed explicitly (not through a meta
> > package), and they are only advertised in the mailing list.
> >
> > Check this post for information on current latest bleeding edge kernel:
> > http://ccrma-mail.stanford.edu/pipermail/planetccrma/2004-August/005879.html
> > And follow the link inside for more details...
> >
> > Remember that before trying the apt-get install xxx. you have to add
> > another line to the /etc/apt/sources.list (same as the planetcore line,
> > but replacing planetcore with planetedge), and do an apt-get update.
>
> Great. Relatively straight forward. I must say you are one organized guy...
>
> I see three potential 'bleeding edge' kernels - the one you referenced
> ending with .1vP9.rhfc2.ccrma, but also two others - .1vP0 and .1vQ3. Do
> I still want .1vP9 as referenced in your emails?

That would be my choice as it is the latest that I tested in more
detail. Actually Q3 is the latest but I did not test it that much. I
also have R9 which I should release today. Just yesterday I built S7 but
I have not been able to test much either... Things are moving too fast
:-)

> Once these (kernel and matching Alsa) are installed it is my
> understanding that I remove the planetedge option from sources.list?

That's best. You can leave it there, of course, it is seldom used.
-- Fernando