[PlanetCCRMA] Fedora 1 or 2

Mark Knecht markknecht@comcast.net
Tue Sep 28 07:18:01 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 03:14, Steve Harris wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 11:48:36 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
> > Thanks Steve,
> >    Those are indeed very good results. I'd be happy to get 2x the number
> > of xruns in my case. That would be a very manageable setup for a remote
> > recording rig. I can run larger latencies when doing live recording.
> >
> >    I've resized and moved partitions to make room for FC2. (I see there
> > is now and FC3?) ;-) Downloading the thing is a monster. Maybe it will
> > finish up 3-4 hours from now according to the download manager. We'll
> > see. After that an install and then lots of bandwidth demands on
> > Fernando's server. we'll see how it goes.
>
> you may not need all the disks, I usually dont need 4 and 5 is source
> IIRC. If oyu start installing the first disk it will tell you what disks
> it will need so you dont need to burn/download them all.
>
> - Steve

Disks 1, 2 & 3 required. FC2 is up and running. I want to mess around a
little with it this morning and make sure things are basically OK, and
then start the Planet conversion later this morning if things go well.

I see that, as always, Fernando has done an amazing job of documenting
even how to handle bleeding edge installation.

How serious are these warnings about FC2 and Windows? Now I'm a bit
scared...I've booted FC2 and Gentoo, but not windows since the FC2
installation. Hope it's still there.

Off to find out...

Cheers,
Mark