[PlanetCCRMA] Fedora 1 or 2

Mark Knecht markknecht@comcast.net
Tue Sep 28 07:54:01 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 07:26, Steve Harris wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 07:17:18AM -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
> > How serious are these warnings about FC2 and Windows? Now I'm a bit
> > scared...I've booted FC2 and Gentoo, but not windows since the FC2
> > installation. Hope it's still there.
>
> Its recoverable, it affect most 2.6 systems, so if you were OK before you
> should still be now.
>
> - Steve

OK, back from my booting experiments. Interesting:

1) Booting XP from FC2 didn't work. It starts booting, then gives me a
message about autochk missing and reboots

2) Booting XP Pro from System Commander does work, so my complicated
boot setup saves me this time.

Power on -> SC7 option screen - choose XP/grub Gentoo/grub FC2

I'll have to go read the article to understand how to boot XP from grub.
Never done it since I use System Commander, but I should learn.

FC2 - networking is fine. X resolution needs some work since my laptop
is 1280x800. No sound from the ATI onboard chip. That will be fixed when
I move to the Planet code I'm sure.

QUESTION - up2date is offering many updates. Do I take them before I
install the Planet, after I install the Planet, never or it doesn't
matter?

thanks much,
Mark