[PlanetCCRMA] Another FC2 success

R Parker rtp405@yahoo.com
Tue Sep 14 21:00:03 2004

Hi,

--- Steve Blackwell <zephod@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

> On 14/09/04 17:34:48, Steve Harris wrote:

> I am a newbie on this list and to Linux audio in
> general and I have
> spent a few weeks lurking and trying to get my head
> around it all but
> with not much sucess.
>
> All I really want to do is to run a few audio apps.
> such as a sequencer
> such as Muse or RoseGarden and something that can
> slow down music
> without changing the pitch (haven't found one for
> that yet).

With those objectives, I'd suggest Planet CCRMA with
Red Hat 9 or Fedora Core 1 running a 2.4 series
kernel. Fedora Core 2 and the 2.6 kernels are cutting
edge. Either of the former are pretty much no brainer
installations. You will want to spend some time
reading Fernando's documentation. Don't skip over the
sections on system tuning.

ron