[PlanetCCRMA] Network Device Control

M P Smoak smoak@mis.net
Tue Sep 7 11:45:12 2004

Hi, I'm running pccrma rh9 using kde and liking it. But ...

Under a previous rh/kde system, as user Smoak,I could use Network
Device Control to disconnect my system from the network.  Under
rh9 only root can do that.  What's the command to call it from a
terminal window, so I can su to root and disconnect / re-connect?

I bet I could change permissions somewhere, but I can't find
where without knowing what's being called by the menu.

If you're not familiar with what I'm talking about
click on "start applications", then "system tools", then
"network device control".

As to why I want to disconnect, well ..., there are just times
on my system when I prefer not to be on line.

Thanks for any help you can give,
Marv