[PlanetCCRMA] planetCCRMA FC1 and 2.80c Hyperthreading

Louis Lam lshoujun@yahoo.com
Fri Sep 3 01:31:05 2004

ah..thing just get more complicated (or should i say more interesting?)

Rui, what mobo are u using by the way?  I'm using intel D875PBZ. If we're using similar hardware
then i could probably get reference from you for proper setup and expected performance.

I'm now running a UP kernel with acpi off because i didn't understand HT at first and was trying
to get my sound card to use IRQ9. Thinking that i have only 1 (actually yes i have one) processor,
i disabled acpi in process of getting a better irq priority. So all along i was running UP kernel
with HT enabled in the bios.

If I were to use smp, does it imply that i enable apic? If thats the case i may have to revisit
the irq (card shuffling) issue again.

Thanks for the info, think i'll give it a spin and see what happens

Cheers,
Louis