[PlanetCCRMA] Re: El-cheapo: How to test 3 cards

Steve Harris S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Nov 24 06:38:02 2004

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 02:25:04PM -0000, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
> OTOH, I don't even know if clients connected to one server will ever chain
> audio into other running servers, or if the client:port space will be
> uniquely shared among the several servers, letting you connect client
> ports across servers (that is, soundcards).

I dont think so, if the cards are hard-linked you are better off using
ALSA to make them appear as one card (granted thats hard ;), and if there
not it requires far to much smarts to be practical in the server.

- Steve