[PlanetCCRMA] AlmusVCU installing on FC1 PlanetCcrma

Fri Nov 12 13:05:03 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-12 at 11:32, Michele Spinolo wrote:
> > I don't know about this one without trying it out myself. It depends on
> > whether the kernel module was compiled successfully or not, and what
> > mechanism is being used to load it into the kernel (meaning, the kernel
> > will not load it by itself, something else must be loading it - when
> > that happens, do you get an error message?).
>
> When I run AlmusVCU configuring it to use svgalib it complains that
> svgalib_helper module is not loaded: i found this page
> (http://easymamecab.mameworld.net/html/svgalib.htm) with some information
> about this problem, i used gcc 3.2.3 (the same used to compile the kernel),
> but at the end of compiling I have an error message which tells the kernel
> is not capable of module loading, and suggest to recompile the kernel adding
> this capabilities.

The kernel definitely can handle external modules. Most probably the
svgalib configuration process is not finding the kernel sources in the
place they are (for 2.4.x kernels you need to install the matching
kernel-source package, for 2.6.x the required headers are part of the
normal kernel install). Could you send the exact error message? I really
should try to compile all this but at this point I have exactly zero
time free.

-- Fernando