[PlanetCCRMA] 2.6.7-1.437.1.11.rhfc2.ccrma crashes

Brad Fuller brad@sonaural.com
Fri Nov 5 17:19:01 2004

Matthew Allen wrote:
> On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 19:54:18 -0800, Brad Fuller <brad@sonaural.com> wrote:
>
>>But, now I just had _only_ qjackctl and pd running. In pd, i had the
>>audio test running. Went to qjackctl to adjust and restarted (it seemed)
>>Xwindows. Last time, the computer just hung. This time, I could log back in.
>>
>>Those of you on FC2, any experiences to share? Fernando: would there be
>>a better kernel to try (I know: YMMV)
>

> I am running the normal planet kernel under fc2 (2.6.7.sumthin, booted
> into windows for the cofee shop wireless). As a test yesterday I run
> qjackctl/jack all day long yesterday while I was at work. I didnt do
> any audio stuff, (Except of course playing mp3's) but I was using the
> machine to do limited net stuff and compiling of apps I needed.
>
> The bad news (for your mail at least, good news for other CCRMA folks)
> is that I had no xruns at all (jack was up for 8+ hours) no crashing
> nothing. it has all been very smooth. Are you using PD from the CCRMA
> site? I will run a PD patch all day at work today (I have a couple of
> generative music one) and Ill see if I can get it to crash.
>
> What WM are you using?

I'm using KDE3.3  Could that be the problem?

What WM are you using? What WM would you --- or anyone --- recommend?

Yes, pd (and everything for that matter since I backed everything out
and re-installed) is from ccrma.

It is now 17:10PST and I've rebooted, started qjackctl and then pd and
started the testtone.pd. I'll check on it when I get back from dinner
and see how well it did ;-)

Hear us online: www.Sonaural.com
Brad Fuller
(408) 799-6124