[PlanetCCRMA] FC2 "experimental" kernel install dependency error

Thu Nov 4 13:37:01 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 13:28, Brad Fuller wrote:
> Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> > > I should have said that I did install the realcap script and had it
> > > start at boot time. Sorry I didn't mention it.
> > > It didn't help. I think it's something more fundamental.
> >
> > How are you trying to start jack?
> >
> # jackstart
> > What are the errors it is printing?
> >
> [root@ives root]# jackstart
> jackstart: cannot get realtime capabilities, current capabilities are:
>            =ep cap_setpcap-e
>     probably running under a kernel with capabilities disabled,
>     a suitable kernel would have printed something like "=eip"

It looks like realcap is not loaded. To check, do "/sbin/lsmod | grep
realcap", it should be there. If it is not, load it by hand like
"/sbin/modprobe realcap allcaps=1". If it is there unload it
(/sbin/rmmod realcap) and load it again as outlined above.

And/or try to start it through:
/etc/rc.d/init.d/realcap start
or stop it with
/etc/rc.d/init.d/realcap stop