[PlanetCCRMA] FC2 "experimental" kernel install dependency error

Brad Fuller brad@sonaural.com
Thu Nov 4 07:49:01 2004

--------------060304050803060004030306

In the past, I've installed packages via the very nice instructions on
planetccrma for FC1. This time, I kinda did it piecmeal on FC2, but then
backed out all alsa packages because I wanted to install the low-latency
kernel.

Here's the link, scroll down to "Installing it"
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/changelog.html#latestplanetcoretwo

Matthew Allen wrote:

>What kernel? I thought the planet edge stuff needed to be installed by
>individual packages instead of by groups pf packages. When I did an
>FC2 install on tuesday I ended up doing it piece by piece (and really
>only got to the first piece, the kernel, before my hardware decided it
>didnt like the 2.6.8 kernel.
>
>Is there non-planetedge support for FC2?
>
>m.
>

>On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 22:43:34 -0800, Brad Fuller <brad@sonaural.com> wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>> Tried to install the new FC2 ccrma kernel:
>>
>> # apt-get install planetccrma-core
>>
>> but received a conflict that
>>
>> > file /usr/lib/libasound.so.2.0.0 from install of
>>alsa-lib-1.0.5-1.cvs.rhfc2.ccrma conflicts with file from package
>>libasound2.1.0.6-16.rhfc2.at
>>
>> A LOT of packages depend on the libasound2.10.06. Any way to get around
>>this?
>>
>> thanks much,
>>
>> brad

--------------060304050803060004030306

<head>
</head>
I've installed packages via the very nice instructions on planetccrma
for FC1. This time, I kinda did it piecmeal on FC2, but then backed out
all alsa packages because I wanted to install the low-latency kernel. <br>
Here's the link, scroll down to "Installing it"<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
Matthew Allen wrote:
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">What kernel? I thought the planet edge stuff needed to be installed by
individual packages instead of by groups pf packages. When I did an
FC2 install on tuesday I ended up doing it piece by piece (and really
only got to the first piece, the kernel, before my hardware decided it
didnt like the 2.6.8 kernel.

Is there non-planetedge support for FC2?

m.

 Tried to install the new FC2 ccrma kernel:

 # apt-get install planetccrma-core

 but received a conflict that

 &gt; file /usr/lib/libasound.so.2.0.0 from install of
alsa-lib-1.0.5-1.cvs.rhfc2.ccrma conflicts with file from package
libasound2.1.0.6-16.rhfc2.at

 A LOT of packages depend on the libasound2.10.06. Any way to get around
this?

 thanks much,

 brad

    </pre>