[PlanetCCRMA] no keyboard/mouse after boot into 2.6.8 Q3

Matthew Allen Matthew Allen <mtallen@gmail.com>
Wed Nov 3 07:15:01 2004

Yesterday I installed FC2 on an open partition on my new laptop. the
default 2.6.5 kernel that comes on the fc2 iso's installed and works
fine. However when I grab the 2.6.8 Q3 kernel from CCRMA I lose all of
my input devices. I googled it and only got a couple of hits (there
was a small thread on he kernel lit in which someone said they needed
to disable bios support for legacy usb devices, something which my
BIOS does not give me access to.

Kudzu starts during the FC2 init process on the new kernel, but not on
the old one, which leads me to belive that the new kernel is not
with an external keyboard and mouse).

I know its a long shot but have any of you planetedgers seen anything
like this? I would still consider myself a pretty big noob when it
comes to kernels and device modules, any pointers on stuff I should
look for in the 2.6.5 kernel (the working one) that I could try and
force the 2.6.8 kernel to use?

thanks!
m.