[PlanetCCRMA] no keyboard/mouse after boot into 2.6.8 Q3

Matthew Allen Matthew Allen <mtallen@gmail.com>
Wed Nov 3 08:13:01 2004

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 16:27:16 +0100, Louis van Dompselaar
<louis@dompselaar.org> wrote:

> Yup.  Athlon XP 2800+ on MSI board, exactly the same with Q3: no
> input devices.  I've gone back to R9 which I have been running
> for weeks now without problems (and this is my every day work machine).

Yeah I still have a fully functioning 2.4 ccrma partition, I just
wanted to try the 2.6 stuff as it has support for my internal wireless
device, and I wanted to upgrade to the latest gtk 2.0 stuff (which is
built into the FC2 install)

It appears that the kernel problems may be a weird usb thing

http://www.linuxforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=103291

and

http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-usb-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg11461.html

Fernando is the source for the planetedge kernels up on the ccrma
servers? I may try and compile USB directly into the kernel (this
could take a looooong time seeings as it will be my first foray into
this).

m.