[PlanetCCRMA] alsamixer not finding audio devices

Wed Nov 3 11:07:02 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-03 at 10:39, Mark Knecht wrote:
> Noah,
>    You are going down a path that's not going to work well:
>
> 1) If you run your own kernel, then you build your own Alsa and you
> cannot use PlanetCCRMA binary packages that Fernando puts together.
>
> 2) If you want to use the Planet, then you need to run the Planet's
> kernel. Anything other then this (TTBOMK) is asking for trouble that
> isn't worth the effort.

Mark: the problem with Noah is that the Planet CCRMA kernels don't run
(for several reasons, I forget them now) on his hardware with his choice
of operating system (RedHat Enterprise 3, unsupported by Planet CCRMA).
So he has to build his own kernel and now the alsa driver.

It is not a good path to go down if you are just starting but it was his
choice.

-- Fernando