[PlanetCCRMA] Re: 2.6.7 ccrma kernel and usb / nvidia support

Axel Thimm planetccrma@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue Nov 2 12:25:03 2004

--SLDf9lqlvOQaIe6s

On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 06:27:18AM +1100, Shayne O'Connor wrote:
> i'm using fedora core 2, and have been dabbling with the planet ccrma
> apt repository for a while now, trying to get its low-latency patched
> kernel to work. well, after a long while, i've finally done it, and i
> can now run audio-apps with low-latency in linux!!!! me was so happy ...
> goodbye windows ...

> when i installed the nvidia driver and changed the xorg.conf, every time
> i reboot the computer freezes just after booting the kernel image. i've
> read about the 2.6.7 kernel having 4-stacks or something option that
> kills nvidia driver - i've searched atrpm's for a kernel-module, but
> there is none for this version of the kernel.

Currently (or at least to the best of my knowledge) PlanetCCRMA's
kernel support for FC2 is considered testing/experimental, and FC1 is
still the preferred audio platform. As soon as Nando tags a kernel as
recommended for FC2 I'll pick it up.

> my question is - is there a solution to these issues, or will i have to
> install the fedora core 1 planet ccrma system to achieve full
> functionality? i'm in the middle of downloading them now, just in case.

I think the recommendation is still to use 2.4 based kernels from
PlanetCCRMA.

> i've got nvidia gforce mx 400 video card and asus a7n8x-x motherboard.
--=20
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

--SLDf9lqlvOQaIe6s

--SLDf9lqlvOQaIe6s--