[PlanetCCRMA] 2.6.7 ccrma kernel and usb / nvidia support

Shayne O'Connor machine@machinehasnoagenda.com
Tue Nov 2 12:06:01 2004

hi there

i'm using fedora core 2, and have been dabbling with the planet ccrma
apt repository for a while now, trying to get its low-latency patched
kernel to work. well, after a long while, i've finally done it, and i
can now run audio-apps with low-latency in linux!!!! me was so happy ...
goodbye windows ...

but blast! of course this success broke some other very important things
- libnjb (library for creative nomad jukeboxe support) and nvidia 3d
capabilities. when i fire up gnomad2 (front-end for libnjb) it says it
can't find anything on the usb bus, but if i switch back to the stock
fedora core 2 2.6.5 kernel, it works fine. is the newer kernel blocking
user access to usb bus?

when i installed the nvidia driver and changed the xorg.conf, every time
i reboot the computer freezes just after booting the kernel image. i've
read about the 2.6.7 kernel having 4-stacks or something option that
kills nvidia driver - i've searched atrpm's for a kernel-module, but
there is none for this version of the kernel.

my question is - is there a solution to these issues, or will i have to
install the fedora core 1 planet ccrma system to achieve full
functionality? i'm in the middle of downloading them now, just in case.

i've got nvidia gforce mx 400 video card and asus a7n8x-x motherboard.

all help appreciated.

shayne o'connor