[PlanetCCRMA] 2.6.7 ccrma kernel and usb / nvidia support

Tue Nov 2 13:26:01 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 11:27, Shayne O'Connor wrote:
> but blast! of course this success broke some other very important things
> - libnjb (library for creative nomad jukeboxe support) and nvidia 3d
> capabilities. when i fire up gnomad2 (front-end for libnjb) it says it
> can't find anything on the usb bus, but if i switch back to the stock
> fedora core 2 2.6.5 kernel, it works fine. is the newer kernel blocking
> user access to usb bus?

Not that I'm aware of. Could you send the exact messages you are seeing?

> when i installed the nvidia driver and changed the xorg.conf, every time
> i reboot the computer freezes just after booting the kernel image. i've
> read about the 2.6.7 kernel having 4-stacks or something option that
> kills nvidia driver - i've searched atrpm's for a kernel-module, but
> there is none for this version of the kernel.

I think the latest nvidia drivers work with 4k stacks in 2.6.x kernels.
Are you using the latest version? I seem to remember somebody on the
list saying that they had managed to get it working.

-- Fernando