[PlanetCCRMA] USB-MIDI + Triton EX

Peter Howard pjh@coastal.net.au
Tue Jun 29 15:24:01 2004

--=-yXeSae+Uq068H1agbyGi

On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 06:47, Jason Balicki wrote:
> I have a weird problem that I haven't cared about because
> there's an easy workaround, but I was wondering if anyone
> else sees this behavior:

I'm seeing a variation on this.  I was still getting around to my own
mail, but seeing as you've got in ahead . . . :-)

> When I first boot with all my usb midi devices attached
> they will not show up in the system.  I have to unplug
> them and then plug them back in.  Then they all show
> up.  I also have to restart alsasound to get any audio
> output.  I don't *think* these issues are related, but
> I'm not ruling it out.

What do you see in /proc/asound ?  I have had the following combinations
appear there:

- Nothing=20
- USB midi device only (Oxygen8 keyboard, card1)
- Everything (Ali chipset sound card card0 + USB card 1)

Running alsaconf makes card0 appear (if it wasn't there) but sometimes
(not always) that makes card1 disappear and I have to do the same "plug
out / plug in" step.