[PlanetCCRMA] changing stuff

Dave Phillips dlphilp@bright.net
Fri Jun 25 06:39:01 2004

Greetings:

  (Sorry for the repost if this message was delivered earlier. I'm not
sure it was ever actually sent...)

  I have two related questions:

    1. My client wants to upgrade his KDE system in his current Planet C
RH9. Can he do so safely (without harm to the Planet C system), and if
so, what's the recommended way to upgrade ? He has a fast connection and
can hypothetically do the upgrade over the wires.

    2. I'd like to check out Werner Schweer's MusScore, his WYSIWYG
notation editor, but alas, it requires QT 3.3. Similar to question #1,
what's the best way to go about doing that ?

  I recently added Python 2.3 to my /usr/local hierarchy, believing that
it wouldn't cause problems, but for some reason now my system wants to
recognize that installation as the bona fide (instead of the Planet's
2.2). Alas, it isn't configured for Tkinter (why oh why isn't that done
as a matter of course?), and I'm loathe to add yet another non-Planet
package to the /usr/local tree. Fie on all dependencies ! ;-) Any
suggestions ?

Best regards,

dp