[PlanetCCRMA] Re: added: ALPHA version of Planet Core components for FC2

Andrew Burgess aab@cichlid.com
Tue Jun 22 09:42:04 2004

"jason balicki" <kodak@frontierhomemortgage.com> writes:

>Louis van Dompselaar <> wrote:
>>> The failure is strange in the sense that stopping realcap does _not_
>>> remove commoncap. You could test to see if this is the problem by
>>> booting with realcap disabled. "named" should not start. Then
>>> "/sbin/modprobe commoncap" and check if named starts normally.
>>
>> no go

I had to load the capability module too. This is at the top of my
rc.local to allow me to switch between 2.4 and 2.6 on a mostly fc1
system:

case `uname -r` in
  *2.6*)
    # for usb networking
    modprobe -v usb-uhci
    modprobe -v ehci-hcd
    modprobe -v ehci-hcd
    service network restart
    # for named
    modprobe -v commoncap
    modprobe -v realcap # errs out
    modprobe -v capability
    service named restart
    ;;
esac

Someday I'll bite the bullet and do an upgrade to fc2 but I was
afraid of issues like named  that I might not be able to resolve.