[PlanetCCRMA] kernel 1.26 boot errors

Wed Jun 9 11:11:02 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 10:56, Oded Ben-Tal wrote:
> I'm having problem booting with kernel 1.26. it only boots every other
> time (3 out of six trials). The first time I boot it I can see some errors
> reported from modprobe, than I get something like this for hda:
> task_no_data_intro: error=0x04 and than it gets stuck checking for new
> hardware (I presume it can't manage that since it can't access hda
> correctly). Since it doesn't boot I don't have an error log with more
> details.
> After I restart it manually I can boot normally (to 1.26)
> I'm running RH9 on ibm thinkpad
> any clues how to track the problem?

Not really. You could try commenting out unneeded stuff in
/etc/modules.conf (for example, usb, firewire and so on), running
/sbin/depmod -a and trying to boot again. Does it make a difference
whether you cold boot or warm boot? (cold boot = turn off the computer,
warm boot == reboot the machine without shutting it off).

-- Fernando