[PlanetCCRMA] Can't start Timidity

Jason Balicki kodak@frontierhomemortgage.com
Wed Jun 9 06:32:01 2004

Tony Upton <> wrote:
> that with Timidity and it didn't seem to work. I'm using Fedora Core
> 1 with the Planet CCRMA low latency kernel (2.4.26-1.ll.rhfc1.ccrma).
> Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions would be appreciated.

I have the same issue with the same software setup.  Additionally,
I have trouble getting the JACK patchbay working, whereas the
ALSA patchbay works just fine (I'm assuming these two programs
perform the same function.)  The JACK patchbay just fails silently,
when launched from the menus; just like Timidity and ONE of the entries
for AmSynth.  The other entry for Amsynth (sorry, I'm not at home
right now so I can't tell you which is which) works just fine.

I haven't had much time with the system yet to dig deep and figure
out what the trouble is, but I suspect it's simply bad menu entries.
Hopefully I'll find some of that elusive "free time" people seem
to talk about.

In my case I started with a clean slate, I installed FC1 and PCCRMA
right after, so it can't be a conflict with previously existing
software, unless I somehow installed some of the same software
in FC1.  That's entirely possible, since I didn't select packages
individually.  Except for partitioning I just left everything at
default.

--J(K)