[PlanetCCRMA] install snag

Jose Castillo pepesaurus22@yahoo.com
Tue Jun 8 11:23:00 2004

--0-523928884-1086717465=:34074

>Hello:

>I am installing planet CCRMA on fedora core 1 2.4.22-1.2115.nptl on an old Digital >Server 3000r with
>two pentium 2 processors. Things were going well till I got to adding the Planet CCRMA >cdroms to
>apt. I dont have a network connection because I am having trouble getting a modem to >work. I am
>going to get a hardware modem to remedy that but will still have a slow connection. >Thus I want to
>install from CD. I downloaded the Planet CDs and burned with Roxio. When I do the >apt-cdrom add
>it finds 0 package indexes and 0 source indexes and locates no package files and of >course tells
>me maybe this is not an apt enabled disk. I edited the sources.list and commented out >the network
>connections. As I understand add-cdrom should add entries to the list after it does >whatever magic
>it does. As you can tell I am new to linux and am enjoying learning something other >that winders
>but it can be frustrating at times. My goal is to set up some home recording for my two >aspiring
>musician sons who dont have lot of cash for the more expensive systems. Any help >would be
>appreciated.

>Thanks
>Cosmo

When you insert your CDRom, can you see any files when you try to browse it ?
If you can't theres a problem with the software burner.
If you use PC, then try burning them wih Nero
Hope this helps.

--0-523928884-1086717465=:34074

<DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>&gt;Hello:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>&gt;I am installing planet CCRMA on fedora core 1 2.4.22-1.2115.nptl on an old Digital &gt;Server 3000r with</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>&gt;two pentium 2 processors. Things were going well till I got to adding the Planet CCRMA &gt;cdroms to </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>&gt;apt. I dont have a network connection because I am having trouble getting a modem to &gt;work. I am</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>&gt;going to get a hardware modem to remedy that but will still have a slow connection. &gt;Thus I want to</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>&gt;install from CD. I downloaded the Planet CDs and burned with Roxio. When I do the &gt;apt-cdrom add</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>&gt;it finds 0 package indexes and 0 source indexes and locates no package files and of &gt;course tells</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>&gt;me maybe this is not an apt enabled disk. I edited the sources.list and commented out &gt;the network</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>&gt;connections. As I understand add-cdrom should add entries to the list after it does &gt;whatever magic</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>&gt;it does. As you can tell I am new to linux and am enjoying learning something other &gt;that winders </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>&gt;but it can be frustrating at times. My goal is to set up some home recording for my two &gt;aspiring </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>&gt;musician sons who dont have lot of cash for the more expensive systems. Any help &gt;would be</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>&gt;appreciated.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>&gt;Thanks</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>&gt;Cosmo</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>When you insert your CDRom, can you see any files when you try to browse it ?</DIV>
<DIV>If you can't theres a problem with the software burner.</DIV>
<DIV>If you use PC, then try burning them wih Nero</DIV>
<DIV>Hope this helps.</DIV></DIV><p>
--0-523928884-1086717465=:34074--