[PlanetCCRMA] Nvidia graphics drivers and Planet kernel How-to?

Steve Harris S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Jul 30 01:20:02 2004

On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 11:39:41AM +0900, rodney wrote:
> Hi all,
> I know there's been some discussion about this before, but I couldn't find
> something that spells out how I might do it.
>
> >From my reading, it seems that you can't do the plain vanilla nvidia install
> because we are using the planet's patched kernel so you have to build it up
> from source. Is that right?
>
> I am still intimidated by building apps from source, so I need a very
> step-by-step explanation. Is this written somewhere that I can read?

The nvidia install script thingy does it for you - just make sure you haev
the ccrma kernel source installed and run the script - it will try to find
a matching module, and when it cant it will offer to build one for you.
Always worked for me.

The ATI equivalent is deadful however :(

- Steve