[PlanetCCRMA] Firewire audio ???? is it possible ?

Steve Harris S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Jul 16 23:00:01 2004

On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 05:41:35 +0200, Yassine wrote:
>    Hi every body !
>    First of all I just wanna say that I'm an ATN (A Total Newbie), and no
>    shame to say it :D
>    Then I'm using Mandrack 10.0 official,
>    My Question is: Why my buttiful Firewire sound Card isn't reconized by the
>    system ????

Currently no firewire audio devices are supported by ALSA, but also Planet
CCRMA doesnt work with Mandrake AFAIK.

>    Alsa is installed, my laptop's inboard card is workin', but for my DAW
>    application, my Terratec Firewire 7.1 is critically needed !
>    What can I do to fix this...

No idea. Ask ALSA devleopers nicely?

>    Another Newbie question: I'was using in my work Nuendo under Windo-- Is
>    there any serius appz doin' same things (Vsti's/Mastering/ Digital Audio)
>    ?

Yes, look on the planet pages for a list.
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/soundapps.html

There aren't many softsynths, but you probably want JAMin and
ardour/audacity/rosegarden for mastering and digital uadio respectively.

- Steve