[PlanetCCRMA] Re: apt-get segfault

Fri Jan 30 09:16:03 2004

> > > I think after rpm --initdb you have blown you rpm database away. If
> > you have a backup, you are lucky otherwise, I'd start reinstalling :(
>
> synaptic still sees all the packages, but can't install them...

What happens if you try a "rpm -q -a --last", does it list all packages?

> > About the segfault: If it were only rpm, I'd consider the rpm database
> > corruption bug, but since also wget is segfaulting, it sounds like
> > glibc corruption or hardware fault.
>
> hardware fault? everything else is working... strange

Or some basic package (glibc would be suspect as Axel points out) is
broken. See if you can check the integrity of a package using rpm: "rpm
-V glibc", for example. If it works you could check all with "rpm -V
-a".

You are on 8.0 so it can't be the glibc/kernel/nptl problem. What is the
history of the system? What did you install recently?

-- Fernando