[PlanetCCRMA] alsa settings

des1gner@optusnet.com.au des1gner@optusnet.com.au
Thu Jan 29 17:45:03 2004

It still exhibits the same symptoms, however the alsamixer settings
seem to allow quite a lot of gain over unity gain, so I am assuming
it is just the self-noise of the hardware when its cranked up.
However, when doing my 'xmms test' it does disappear before the file
begins playing, at a high/distorted level.  It is odd though that it
goes away fo about 100msec before the audio comes in.  Seems like a
question for the alsa list...thanks for the help in any case.