[PlanetCCRMA] alsa settings

des1gner@optusnet.com.au des1gner@optusnet.com.au
Thu Jan 29 18:00:03 2004

Its interesting to see that when xmms and alsamixer are both open at
the same time, that xmms is actually adjusting my alsa settings.  Try
moving the volume slider and you will see the pcm 'fader' in
alsamixer moving also.  I had always assumed alsa's settings were
global and unaffected by individual applications.  I will try running
pd and see if the volume in xmms affects pd's volume....indeed it
does.  I can control my pd volume by moving the volume slider in
xmms.  good lord.

somehow this seems undesirable, but I wouldn't have a clue where to
ask beyond this list about how to resolve it.