[PlanetCCRMA] default .asoundrc file?

Mark Knecht markknecht@comcast.net
Wed Jan 21 10:35:02 2004

Fernando,
   Based on a comment you made in a thread elsewhere about standard,
defined 5.1 pcm names (of which I know nothing about) ((not surprised?))
;-) I wondered about the group developing a 'standard' .asoundrc
starting file for newbies and just plain dumb folks like me.

   While I understand that many of the specific card issues could not be
done perfectly for everyone, my thought was that it would be better for
someone to start with a file full of stuff commented out instead of a
blank slate.

   One other thought was that one day, when people want to share their
Rosegarden sessions (as an example) that if we all had similar virtual
names in .asoundrc it might make that easier.

   Would this be something others here would be interested in?

   Just an idea.

With best regards,
Mark