[PlanetCCRMA] Contributing: Multisampled Instruments Rebuilt Library

Mark Knecht mknecht@controlnet.com
Wed Jan 21 09:21:02 2004

> On Mon, Dec 29, 2003 Steve Harris wrote:
> > This is probably better discussed on the linuxsampler list as they have
> > started some work on that...
> Well, I didn't get much success there due to my newbie way of behaving:
> - anonymous-style nickname,
> - lots of ideas but lack of perseverance (see the delay of my reply...),
> - unconfidence with mailing-lists (I dumbly offered them my legal copy of
> GigaStudio for their gig file dissections, but I've simply been reduced to
> silence...)
>
> > ...note that for amplitude normalisation you cant
> > just make the peaks line up you have to do something more sophisticated
> > than that - realisticly it may have to be done by ear.
> I've got to be better self-taught before committing any foolish
> attempt then!
>
> Mr°Freeze aka Christian Frisson

Mr. Freeze,
   I don't remember seeing you on Linux-Sampler list, but if I missed you I
apologize. Can you refresh me on what this topic is about?

   If you haven't used the most recent version of LinuxSampler you should
try it out. While it has many limitations compared to GSt (which apparently
you and I both use) it is doing a fine job on the more straight forward gig
files. Also, it now handles looped gig files correctly (the loop part - not
other things) and recently got a nice patch for some stuck MIDI notes.

   Again, sorry for forgetting what this thread was about. Please refresh.

Cheers,
Mark