[PlanetCCRMA] ccrma kernel sources

Timo Sivula timo.sivula@luukku.com
Mon Jan 19 19:35:02 2004

Hi

In addition to planet-ccrma I'm setting up Gnomemeeting for videoconferencing. I plan to buy a Creative Labs Pro Ex camera and configure my planet-ccrma kernel to work with it.

I have had some unfortunate experiences with the kernel sources provided by RedHat in the past. The kernel source from RedHat is not configured in the same way as the binary kernel. Hence, when I wanted to apply a patch or compile some new modules I had to walk through the whole kernel configuration, option by option, and guess which options they enabled in the old binary kernel to make sure the new compiled kernel behaves like the old one. Not very nice :-(

Is it possible to get sources for the planet-ccrma kernels that have all the options set exactly as they are in the compiled kernel binaries kindly distributed by Nando? I ask because for enabling the camera I will have to compile in some modules. I would only like to do exactly that, not reverse engineer the whole kernel, which is what I have had to do a couple of times with the RedHat kernels.

In case there is someone here who has gone through this earlier I would be glad for advice. Here is the link to the driver page: http://www.smcc.demon.nl/webcam/release.html

Thank you for all your support so far,

Timo

 MTV3 Laajakaista - Hauskemman elämän puolesta.
 http://www.mtv3.fi/liittyma/hankinta/laajakaista/