[PlanetCCRMA] Introduction & Help needed...

JTS jts01@bresnan.net
Tue Jan 13 18:04:01 2004

I just installed Linux for the fist time ever on Friday, so I'm still
pretty new to the OS.  ANywho, I've got a Sound Blaster Live! Value
(WDM) that needs to have Digital Output enabled.  I don't think in Red
Hat 9 (the distro I chose to go with) that this is possible without
downloading other things.  So I'm at the Planet CCRMA website looking at
it in wonderment.  I'm curious what exactly I need to download to get
this sound card up & running in Linux.

Here's what I have downloaded and not installed so far:

 apt-0.5.5cnc6-1.rh90.i386.rpm
 apt-devel-0.5.5cnc6-1.rh90.i386.rpm
 planetccrma-core-i386-9-20031014.img
 planetccrma-i386-9-20031014.img

and I'm in the process of downloading:  planetccrma-updates-9-20031014.img

Does anyone know if this is all I need or is there more?   Any help
would be GREATLY appreciated.  This silence REALLY sucks.  Thanks in
advance!
--
the Oprah has Spoken
JTS